National Technical Honor Society
NATIONAL TECHNICAL HONOR SOCIETY
Students, during the fall, will have the opportunity to apply for membership into the National Technical Honor Society
Inductees for the National Technical Honor Society must be a member of the sophomore, junior, or senior class. Candidates must have been in attendance at the school the equivalent of one semester in a career and technical program of study. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher in their career and technical program. Students must be in good attendance and have not received any internal or external suspensions. Students must be recommended by their career and technical teacher and receive a majority vote of the Faculty Council. Membership dues are $35.00 for the first year and $15.00 for each year following (until graduation). Students are also expected to complete a minimum of ten (10) service hours a year.
Benefits of membership include:
- membership materials including: custom certificate, presentation folder, member pin, ID card, window decal and white tassel
- Access to the secure online career center for a period of one year after graduation.
- NTHS scholarship opportunities including the Jon H. Poteat scholarship and others through our career/technical student organization partners.
- Access to requesting specific letters of recommendation for employment, college, or scholarships for a period of one year after graduation.
- Always listed in our national registry for recruitment opportunities by top U.S colleges and corporations.
- Official commencement accessories and NTHS logo gear available for purchase