ACADEMY OF VISUAL ARTS
- Students will pursue a professional, studio-intensive program designed for those who wish to become illustrators, designers, or fine artists.
- Provides a thorough grounding in fundamental principles and techniques with opportunities for concentration in one or more specific fine art areas.
- Wide variety of studio experiences, including: basic drawing; ceramics; illustration; photography; printmaking; painting; and sculpture.
- Students work in close collaboration with the instructor to reach their individual potential in the areas of art that will prepare them for the academic and portfolio requirements for admission to competitive colleges and universities.
- Students applying for the Academy are required to submit for review a portfolio of existing artwork which should reflect talent and a strong commitment to art. Exact portfolio specifications will be provided to the student upon application.
This acadmey is hosted at Arthur P. Schalick High School.