- Explores various aspects of subjects included in typical college courses, including: a basic understanding of the historical development of music; music theory; composing and arranging; elementary piano playing; ear training; and conducting.
- Advanced Music courses are taught using a music technology lab, introducing students to the world of music theory and composition using state-of-the-art MIDI, keyboard, and composition software and equipment.
- Students receive a private or small group lesson on their major instrument with an adjunct specialist twice a month at zero cost.
- Academy students participate in recitals as well as performances given by their major music ensemble at PMHS or in the community. In addition, students will participate in a Senior Recital.
- An audition is required during the admissions process for this academy.
This academy is hosted at Pennsville Memorial High School.