ACADEMY OF DANCE
- The Academy's goal is to introduce students to the variety of disciplines within the field of dance and equip them with a high degree of technical proficiency in those disciplines.
- Students will gain a basic understanding of the historical development of dance and be able to present analysis of works of art from a structural, historical, and cultural perspective.
- The areas of instruction include: ballet, modern, and jazz dance technique; yoga; Pilates; improvisation; choreography; wellness and fitness training; and dance history.
- In addition to a variety of concerts and plays that take place at Arthur P. Schalick High School, students will participate in a Senior Project, the SCVTS Academy Showcase and more!
- A stage audition is required for admission to this Academy. Information specific to this audition will be provided to the student upon application.
This academy is hosted at Arthur P. Schalick High School.